Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

Monday 19 October 2015

Denim on Black








Levis denim jacket | American Apparel jumper | River Island leather trousers | Doc Marten boots | Faux Balenciaga Bag (not available online)

------------------------------------------------

As much as I love an all-black outfit, it's nice to be able to add a pop of colour somewhere to compliment the black. I did this today by throwing on my Levis vintage denim jacket, which is one of my favourite pieces to style in both summer, and autumn/winter. 

 Underneath this I have my new favourite jumper on - the Fisherman's Jumper from American Apparel.
As an 'Oversized' and 'Unisex' jumper... I was sold on it straight away! I had had my eye on these jumpers since last year and only recently went into American Apparel to have a look. It's the perfect slouchy fit and can go with so many outfits. I also purchased the grey colour in it and I'd be tempted to get more as they're really good quality and a staple piece I know I'll have in my wardrobe for years. 

I'm also wearing my new leather trousers from River Island. When it comes to faux leather trousers, I think it's hard to find ones that don't look really cheap. I don't tend to shop in River Island much, but when I strolled in recently to have a look, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and fit of these trousers. The leather is thick and matte, not shiny and plastic, and they definitely look more expensive than other versions I've seen of this style. Finally, for shoes I'm wearing my trusty Doc Marten boots which I bought last Autumn and wore for practically the entire year until summer. Something tells me the same thing will happen this year! They're really versatile and comfortable and add a toughness to outfits without much effort. 

I finished off this look with a dark brown matte lip - 'Styled in Sepia' by Mac.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Style Diary by Janine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig