Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

Thursday 29 October 2015

Vintage Finds











Urban Outfitters vintage flannel shirt  | American Apparel white tee | River Island leather trousers | Dr Marten 939 boots | Dior 'So Real' faux sunglasses (ebay) | Regal Rose hamsa hand necklace 

--------------------------------------------


I'm someone who believes you can never have too many flannel shirts in your wardrobe (the overgrowing collection in mine is proof!). That is, the vintage-baggy-boyfriend style. I love the effortlessly cool look of them thrown on over a tee and jeans - they add the ideal edge and toughness to an otherwise simple and minimal outfit and they are so versatile. Most of my vintage shirt collection comes from the vintage section in Urban Outfitters. While this may not be true hardcore vintage shopping (!), and it can be said that a lot of their vintage selection is very overpriced, I do like to wander up to the third floor of the Temple Bar, Dublin store every few months to check out their collection.

This shirt that I'm wearing here happens to be my absolute favourite one because it's so unique. It's extremely oversized and what makes it so amazing is its cord texture. The denim coloured cord collar against the white and red and mustard plaid print is what I instantly fell in love with. It's also ideal for colder autumn/winter days because of the thicker feel of the cord. It's such a one-off piece and I love knowing that no one else will be walking around in it.

As it is such a statement piece on its own, I teamed it with a simple white tee from the men's section in American Apparel. My go-to in my wardrobe is definitely a white tee - I find myself reaching for one so often because they're the perfect base for further styling and adding layers. I also love the combination of a white tee and leather skinny trousers - it's such a classic. On my lips I'm wearing a new combination I recently tried and am really liking - Mac's 'stone' lipliner with Mac 'myth' lipstick over it. Mac 'myth' on it's own can be a bit 'concealer lips', so mixed with 'stone' it gives the perfect matte nude lip with a hint of a muted greyish taupe. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Style Diary by Janine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig