Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

Thursday 22 October 2015

Sheepskin










H&M Sheepskin Jacket | Monki shirt (old - not available anymore. Brand available on Asos) | H&M rose gold shoes | Topshop Jamie dark denim jeans (similar colours and styles here) | Zara clear frame sunglasses (not available online) | Amelia Jane London pom pom keyring | Asos check scarf (old - not available anymore) | Zadig & Voltaire watch | Regal Rose hamsa hand necklace | Mac 'Velvet Teddy' lipstick 

-------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to lie, I'm very happy it's getting chillier out! Not only because I love autumn and winter, but also because it means I can start layering (YES!) and wearing my winter coats. This sheepskin coat was a recent find in the flagship H&M store on College Green, Dublin. I have only been in there a handful of times, but every time I go in I fall in love with something! I think it's obviously because of the huge selection compared to smaller H&M stores, and also because the layout of the store is really visually appealing which makes the items in the store seem more attractive (it also helps that there is 4 floors of clothing!). This coat was my most recent purchase. Sheepskin coats are something I've admired since last autumn/winter, but never really found one that I liked or that wasn't really expensive. It was only when I went into H&M and came upon this that I realised how much I wanted one. What also makes this one even better (and better value for money) is that it's a reversible coat that can also be worn as a suede jacket with a sheepskin lining. This is another style coat that I don't have, and will definitely be experimenting with in my outfits. Pockets on a coat are another must for me, and this one has two huge ones on either side, both on the sheepskin side and the suede side... Ideal! 

The rose gold shoes are another item from the H&M College Green store that I instantly fell in love with. Lace up, metallic, chunky, androgynous vibes, and kind of ugly... They were mine as soon as I laid my eyes on them! I'm a huge fan of statement metallic shoes for adding interest to more simple outfits, and as I own both silver and gold shoes already, there was space in my overgrowing shoe collection for a rose gold pair. They're super comfy for every day wear and I know I'll get good wear out of them throughout the seasons. 

The Monki shirt I paired with this outfit is one of those items that has been in my wardrobe for around 2 years, and I only recently discovered it again. It's long-line and oversized, perfect for tucking in or wearing loose over skinny jeans. It's a denim-look shirt, but dark grey in colour, which adds something different to the standard denim shirt. Oversized and baggy shirts are a must-have in my opinion, they can be worn in so many different ways and are a nice way of mixing smart and casual in your every day styling. 

Although the coat is perfect for a chilly autumn day, I also threw on my Asos check scarf that I got last autumn for some extra warmth and some added colour to the outfit. On days when I can't be bothered with my hair, I usually grab a pair of sunglasses to put on my head to add some interest (also, it's Ireland. You never know when the sun will show its face!) These clear frame sunglasses were a recent find in Zara (featured here) and are really cool, as with the clear frame, they can be worn as faux glasses in doors also. On my lips I added Mac's 'Velvet Teddy' which has seen me through since this time last year, and is one of my favourite 'your lips but better' colours. I lined this with one of the Kylie Jenner must-have Mac lipliners, 'Soar'. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Style Diary by Janine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig